Note: Please share this email as widely as possible, and be sure to forward to neighborhood associations, residents and stakeholders. If you follow us @NPUAtlanta on Facebook (which you absolutely should!) you’ll see the post there as well. Please share the post!
The Use of Force Advisory Council was launched on June 10, 2020 by Mayor Bottoms with the goal of evaluating Atlanta Police Departments’ Use of Force procedures and developing recommendations on areas for improvement. The Mayor has directed the group to develop two outputs: 1) 14-day report on initial findings, and 2) a more comprehensive 45-day report (currently under development and the focus of this survey).
There are two opportunities for the community to provide feedback on the focus areas and preliminary recommendations developed by the Advisory Council.
- The Use of Force Advisory Council has launched a survey to capture feedback on the preliminary recommendations. The public can give feedback on prioritizing recommendations and provide comment on APD use of force.
- The community can use this link to provide feedback: Use of Force Advisory Council Survey
- For community members unable to access a computer / device to complete the survey – they can also call ATL311 to submit
- The survey is open and will remain open until 7/29/2020
- On Wednesday 7/22, 5-7pm the Use of Force Advisory Council will be holding a community discussion on the preliminary recommendations from the group. This will be a chance for the community to see the work conducted to date, initial findings, and to provide feedback/ask questions.
- Attendees can register to join the webinar here: Use of Force Advisory Council – Community Discussion Registration
We welcome you to participate in the survey and the community discussion as well as share with members of your community.
Thank you for your time and feedback as we continue to work together to improve our service to the community.
Leah LaRue, Registered Mediator
Assistant Director, Neighborhood Planning Units